We are so excited to be running our diaper drive again in support of Toronto's Diaper Bank. Last year's drive was such a success and we are so grateful for all the mamas that donated and helped us to give back and support others in our community.
We hope you join us in donating again this year. Together we can provide some relief to a mama in need.
How Can I Donate?
From now until Thursday, December 20th 2018, Yoga Mamas is accepting any loose, opened and new packages of diapers. Those looking to donate can simply drop them off at the front desk in our studio.
About The Diaper Bank Of Toronto
Join us every Wednesday for Wellness Wednesdays.
This is where we share health and lifestyle tips, behind the scenes footage, news, promotions and more from your favourite practitioners and yoga instructors.
As an added bonus, join us for Wellness Wednesday Live on the last Wednesday of every month as members of our team answer your questions live on air.
How to watch: Follow us on Instagram: @torontoyogamamas.com
Submit all questions and content requests either by DM'ing us on Instagram or to email@example.com with the subject line : Wellness Wednesdays
When you become a Mama for the first time, your life is quickly consumed by all things Baby; the softest blankies, the tiniest onesies, the sweetest snuggles. The early days aren’t without their challenges, however every parent has wished their Bundle of Joy could stay little forever, at least once. They say that ‘time flies’, and never will this feel more true than when you’re a parent! Before you know it, your sweet Baby is babbling their first words and tottering around the house—then, suddenly and without warning… your Baby turns two! Ready or not, you’re launched into full-blown toddlerhood (queue grocery store meltdown over sugar frosted cereal).
Toddlers are a busy bunch with the uncanny ability to detect unwanted vegetables buried deep in their pasta dishes, and an affinity for responding “NO!” to your best intended directions—sigh. Although parenting a Little between the ages of 18 months and 3 years can be exhausting, there’s plenty to love about this phase. Whether you’re anticipating Baby’s 2nd birthday, or mothering an active youngster already, we have a list of 15 reasons to love having a toddler. In fact, we’ll go so far as to say that, with the right mindset, you may want to rename these years the “terrific twos”!
8. Having the honor of translating their adorable toddler-talk to other adults. “Buebuebue” (blueberry), not to be confused with “Bahbahbah” (butterfly).
9. Seeing cute pairs of sandals, Converse, and rubber boots lined up in the hall—How can such a tiny person need so much footwear!
10. Connecting with another Mama during play dates, while your Little Ones keep each other busy.
11. Joining in sensory play like squeezing playdough, crunching through fallen leaves or splashing in puddles.
12. Shouting “Hooray!” as you watch your Little One goes down the park slide solo for the first time. (No more dirt on your pants Mama, now that’s something to celebrate!)
13. Trying to answer tough questions such as: Do fish sleep? Why is the sky blue?
14. Watching them mimic your daily tasks, such as typing emails or sipping coffee, as they try to be just like Mama.
15. Throwing a fun 2nd Birthday party with a theme you love! Mermaids, unicorns, dinosaurs, we think it’s Mama’s choice (especially if you’ll be prepping all the decorations!)
The toddler years can be a real test of parental grit, but every Mama & Papa will agree that watching their baby grow into a proper kid, with no shortage of opinions and personality, is truly amazing. Never again will you witness your Little One go through such dramatic physical and cognitive change as they learn to walk, speak, and find their place in this world. Focus on the magic as your tottering two-year-old experiences all of life’s ‘firsts’. Your child is only a toddler once so enjoy this season of their lives to the fullest!
Thank you to all our beautiful guests, sponsors and vendors for being part of our favourite event of the year. Our 2018 annual Summer Shopping Social took place on Wednesday July 18th. 11 amazing local vendors popped-up with their pretty things and over 200 mamas!
There was plenty of champagne, lemonade and sweet treats to go around and of course some crazy shopping deals! We are so grateful to be apart of such an incredible community of beautiful Mamas and Mama-friends. Thank you to everyone who came out to support and shop. We hope you all enjoyed yourself!