Physical Benefits of Infant Massage for Baby
• Promote longer and deeper sleeping patterns
• Relieve symptoms of "colic" or gassy periods
• Relieve constipation
• Stimulate their circulation, breathing and digestive rhythms
• Improve your baby’s muscular coordination and flexibility
• Helps with intrauterine and birth trauma
Emotional Benefits of Infant Massage for Baby
• Reduces cortisol (stress hormone) and stimulates the release of endorphins and oxytocin (which subdues feelings of pain/discomfort, and increases the feeling of wellbeing)
• Can ease some tension with separation anxiety and weaning
Infant Massage also helps baby with:
Marion Penny-Mallette, RMT
Over the past ten years, Marion has dedicated her practice to Women’s Health, with a focus in fertility, pre and post-natal care and all of the stages in between. Her journey with infertility, having experienced both the physical and emotional challenges that can arise, has driven her passion for maternal care. She is also one of the few RMTs with a dedicated focus in breast health, having published a paper in UHN’s Princess Margaret’s Breast Care Centre. and feels this is an area that needs to be better supported.
Marion provides a safe space for those going through their own journey and provides the necessary care and support that her clients deserve. She listens to her clients, and always ensures their needs are met by providing personalized care. As a mother of two she strongly believes in ‘nurturing the mother.’
Marion graduated from Sutherland Chan in 2008. She holds a certification in pediatric massage and has facilitated workshops for infant massage to new parents in the GTA. To ensure the best possible care for her clients, she is currently in the process of becoming a fertility support practitioner.