Physical Benefits of Infant Massage for Baby
• Promote longer and deeper sleeping patterns
• Relieve symptoms of "colic" or gassy periods
• Relieve constipation
• Stimulate their circulation, breathing and digestive rhythms
• Improve your baby’s muscular coordination and flexibility
• Helps with intrauterine and birth trauma
Emotional Benefits of Infant Massage for Baby
• Reduces cortisol (stress hormone) and stimulates the release of endorphins and oxytocin (which subdues feelings of pain/discomfort, and increases the feeling of wellbeing)
• Can ease some tension with separation anxiety and weaning
Infant Massage also helps baby with:
Sarah Bolton, RMT
Sarah is a Registered Massage Therapist focusing her practice in pregnancy, postnatal and infant care. She offers prenatal massage, postnatal massage, infant massage, deep tissue massage and relaxing aromatherapy massage in our Toronto wellness clinic.
Sarah’s approach to massage therapy is clinical and holistic in nature. She offers a variety of techniques and modalities that will help you reach your treatment goals, and help you feel your very best long after your appointment with her.
Sarah has been practicing since 2019 and has had a lot of experience with peri-natal care, as well as treating infants as young as 4 months old. She caters her massage treatments to each individual’s needs and strives to help you find solutions to any pain, stress, or restricted mobility you may be going through.
Over the years her practice has been mindful of the mind-body connection (and how powerful it can be!), how movement can be medicinal, and all the different ways self-care can be restorative. Sarah is confident in her ability to treat you, no matter what your treatment goals are.