We are committed to continuing the support of your physical wellbeing and health goals and as such, we are pleased to announce the launch of online Naturopathic Medicine services for your fertility, prenatal and postnatal journey.
All Yoga Mamas online and in-clinic Naturopathic Care sessions are performed by a registered Naturopathic Doctor, and may be eligible for coverage under your health care benefits.
About Your Online Naturopathic Care Session
A virtual consult will be conducted in the same manner as an in person visit. You can expect your Naturopathic Doctor to dive deep into your presenting health concerns, health history and health goals.
An individualized treatment plan will be provided at the end of the appointment, which may include further lab testing, lifestyle and nutrition tips, and supplementation as needed.
If further lab testing is required, you will be sent a requisition and invoice via email at the end of the appointment. If physical exams are required, you will be advised to seek in-person care.
More About Naturopathic Medicine Online
You may choose to combine in-clinic and online Naturopathic appointments.
Your privacy is important to us. We use encrypted software to keep your Naturopathic appointments confidential.
Your online Naturopathic appointments can be done though video or via phone.
You can also connect to your online Naturopathic appointments via a tablet or smart phone.
You can schedule your online Naturopathic appointments with the same ease and convenience that you schedule your in-clinic sessions.
Working with a Naturopathic Doctor during your pregnancy can give you all the research-backed information you need to have as natural and healthy of a pregnancy as possible. Our Naturopathic Doctors are medically trained and focus on pregnancy care. They will create individualized health plans to help mamas feel their best through each trimester.
Here are 5 reasons to see a Naturopathic Doctor at Yoga Mamas
1. To assess your current health status Naturopathic Doctors can order the same tests that your midwife or OB/GYN can - but sometimes they interpret them differently. They will make sure that your levels aren’t just sufficient, but that they are optimal. Pregnancy can be taxing on the body and if you don’t have enough of some particular vitamins and minerals, it can leave you quite deficient (and that comes with it’s own set of issues).
2. To manage more serious pregnancy complications if they come up Some serious conditions during pregnancy might leave you with special requirements, or in a situation that may change your birth plan. Conditions such as pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes may require conventional medical management, but your Naturopathic Doctor can also support you by making appropriate recommendations that are safe to combine with your other treatments, and to improve birth outcomes.
3. To deal with early pregnancy symptoms naturally Though the first trimester is exciting, it can also be pretty rough for some pregnant mamas - nausea, exhaustion and aches - there is a lot to battle through. If you’re feeling like these symptoms are negatively impacting your quality of life, your Naturopathic Doctor can use strategic supplementation of nutrients, and tools like acupuncture and lifestyle medicine to improve how you feel. Stay the course, mama - the second trimester is usually a huge relief.
4. To know with certainty what natural health products are safe to take while you’re pregnant Just because something is natural, doesn’t mean it’s safe, and this couldn’t be more true when you are pregnant. Many natural health products have not been tested for safety in pregnancy, and as a result many healthcare practitioners give a blanket statement to not take any herbs or supplements other than a prenatal vitamin. This is taking it from one extreme to another. There are many herbs, vitamins, minerals and nutrients that are not just safe in pregnancy, but can be very helpful to manage symptoms, support mama’s health, and even support baby’s health. However, you should be getting your recommendations from a practitioner who is well trained in pregnancy to make sure the product, the brand, and the dose are safe for you and your babe.
5. To get answers to all your questions It’s incredibly important that you are informed and feel empowered in the choices you make. While your Naturopathic Doctor will not deliver your baby, they are trained and will do their research to help you understand your health and your body during this time, and to help guide you to resources that will help you make the best decisions about your pregnancy and birth.
Looking for natural ways to support your pregnancy and ease your aches? Book a 20 minute free consultation with our Naturopathic Doctors to see if they're the right fit for you.
Holistic nutritionists help you optimize your well-being both physically and mentally. They use their knowledge of food and health to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you need so you can live as a happier, healthier you.
Working with a Holistic Nutritionist will help you:
1. Feel Great It's never easy to make changes to our eating habits, or to stick to them. A Holistic Nutritionist is there to support you and empower you to make your own decisions so that you feel emotionally connected to and fully accountable to the changes you're working towards. They want you to feel your best in every possible way. 2. Support Your Journey From Fertility To Delivery A Holistic Nutritionist will assess your needs at every step of your journey and help you adjust to your body's demands. They will advise on diets that would support your fertility, ease your pregnancy symptoms (such as cravings, morning sickness, leg cramps, heartburn, constipation, swelling etc.), and promote a healthy labour and delivery process.
3. Adjust to Life Postpartum A Holistic Nutritionist will be there for you postpartum to encourage healing, recovery and lactation. Together you'll establish wholesome eating habits that will help you with creating balance, adjusting your energy levels and healthy weight loss.
4. Understand What To Feed Your Babe Trying to figure out what and when to feed your babe solids can be a confusing process. Your Holistic Nutritionist can help! They will educate you on all the essential nutrients to include in their diets and help you make the best decisions for your little one. 5. Eat For Specific Ailments/Chronic Illnesses A Holistic Nutritionist will help you manage and answer questions about what to eat for specific health concerns. These can be things like PCOS, Endometriosis, Ovulation, Egg Quality, Thyroid Function, Gestational Diabetes, Preeclampsia and more.
Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 9 AM – 11 AM PRICE: $38 A PERSON
Led by educator Megan Tasker, this workshop will also focus on bringing balance and self-care to the mind and body. Learn mindfulness and relaxation coping strategies to help you through uncomfortable tests. This self care can be implemented before, during, and after fertility clinic visits.
You will learn: What you can expect when visiting a fertility clinic for the first time How to prepare for fertility clinic intervention and advocate for yourself Mindfulness and relaxation coping strategies to help you through uncomfortable testing How additional care from a Naturopath, Chiropractor, Acupuncturist can benefit you
Please note that we do not offer refunds. Each event/course/training/wellness appt has it's own specific cancellation policy which is listed on each registration page. Please take the time to read these in full prior to registering. Each event/appointment that we run is in partnership with a practitioner who is focusing their independent career in pre and postnatal health. This is their beautiful livelihood. This is why we have these policies in place. Thank you very much for your understanding. Jamie Kalynuik, Founder of Yoga Mamas