Breastfeeding Essentials for Doulas and Health Care Practitioners Course- Advance Pricing Ends Oct 31st
This is a five hour comprehensive CAPPA and DONA approved breastfeeding course that Doulas can submit for Doula Certification.
Birth and Postpartum Doulas are a vital source of breastfeeding information for new (and experienced) mothers and their partners. Often the very first birth professional to assist with breastfeeding, doulas play a vital role in shaping a mother's nursing journey.
This 5 hr information information packed DONA approved workshop is perfect for doulas, midwives, nurses, naturopaths, homeopaths and other health professionals working with expecting and new mothers.
Led by Taya Griffin, Internationally Certified Board Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
Expand your knowledge by learning:
1) How to prepare a mother and her partner for their breastfeeding journey
2) How to get breastfeeding off to the very best start in the hospital and at home
3) The importance of skin to skin contact and how to practically implement its use
4) The mechanics and the art of latching a baby
5) How to determine whether a baby is drinking well and getting enough at the breast
6) The basic anatomy and physiology of breastfeeding
7) Holistic and traditional solutions for breastfeeding concerns such as engorgement, sore nipples, blocked ducts and low milk supply
8) Alternative feeding methods including milk expression and milk storage
9) How to help the mother set up a support system to ensure she reaches her breastfeeding goals
This Doula breastfeeding workshop is DONA and CAPPA approved and will provide you with a certificate of completion for you to submit for their Doula Certification.
Comments are closed.