Written by: Dr. Aliya Visram, Chiropractor at Yoga Mamas
Whether this is your first or your fourth pregnancy, it is important that you take time to appreciate and take care of the changes your body is going through while it prepares for the baby. The chiropractors at Yoga Mamas are specially trained in women's health and in particular, prenatal and postnatal care.
Here's why you should see a Chiropractic Care Doctor:
1. Aligning the pelvis and lumbar spine allows for optimal baby positioning and growth.
Chiropractic care during pregnancy is not only beneficial to Mamas, but also helps with the positioning and growth of the baby.
2. Shorter labour and delivery times after pelvis and spine are in correct alignment.
By making the proper adjustments, those who have undergone Chiropractic care during their pregnancy have experienced shorter labour and delivery times.
3. Increases the ease in which the body adapts to the natural changes related to pregnancy.
Beyond back and pelvic pain, Chiropractic care assesses the entire body as a whole and creates alignment throughout the body to help ease the transition to pregnancy.
4. Reported greater ease and comfort during birthing, reduced need for pain relief medication and medical intervention (forceps, vacuum) during childbirth.
Chiropractic care helps to maintain spinal and pelvic alignment which may help to reduce labour and delivery times as well as decrease the need for medical interventions.
5. It helps to alleviate back and pelvic discomfort and pain.
These spots can become particularly tender during pregnancy. Chiropractic treatment can help relieve areas of discomfort.